Cheesecake for Shavuos
We are sharing several of our favorite cheesecake recipes for Shavuos. They are fast, easy and delicious! Three are sweet and one is savory – all are winners! Dulce de Leche No-bake Cheesecake, World's Easiest Cheesecake Pie, Raspberry Topped Lemon Cheesecake, and Spinach Herb Cheesecake. Enjoy!
Add a comment
Homemade Kosher Kahlua
We have decided to make our own Kahlua using the following recipe:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup instant coffee (Maxwell House)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups vodka
In a pot place the sugar, water, coffee; heat and stir until all is dissolved. Cool and set aside. In a 1/2 gallon bottle, place the vanilla bean, cooled coffee syrup and the vodka. Shake up and let stand one month or more. We will let you know the results in a month!
Add a comment
Kitchen Secrets & TipsAdd a comment
A Twist on the TraditionalAdd a comment
Agur Kosher Winery, Israel
Wine expert Daniel Rogov suggested that we sample the wines of Agur, a small and growing boutique winery located on Moshav Agur in Israel’s Judean Hills. We recently tasted Agur’s 2008 Special Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon,. Our report – a wonderful wine--smooth, full bodied and a perfect accompaniment to our beef rib dinner.
Rogov’s much more eloquent and detailed description of this outstanding wine:
Dark royal purple toward garnet, full bodied blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc, firm and concentrated, with still-gripping tannins and smoky wood, settling in nicely now to reveal an array of cassis, blackberry and raspberry… on a background of spices and earthy minerals. Ready to drink – score 88-90
Agur wines are available worldwide and just gaining distribution in the U.S.
To purchase Rogov's Guides to Israeli & World Kosher Wines 2011.Add a comment
The Buzz on the 2011 sofi Awards and KosherEye
The sofi Awards from the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade (NASFT) are the highest honor in the specialty food industry. They recognize the outstanding culinary achievement, foods and beverages of the year that demonstrate top quality, taste and overall appeal. A record 1,657 entries were submitted across 31 awards categories this year.
Congratulations to these KosherEye featured companies which have been named sofi award silver finalists.
• Savannah Bee Company: Tupelo honey flute (A Honey of a New Year!)
• Paper Chef: Parchment cooking bags (Save Time, Save Money)
• Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Inc: Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste (Nielsen-Massey Vanillas)
• The Run-a-Ton Group, Inc., Wholly Wholesome: Traditional 6-inch Pie Shells (Wholly Wholesome... Wholliciously Wonderful!)
Last Minute Mother’s Day Gift Suggestions
Kosher, Delicious, Delivered & Available for Mother's Day Gifting
• Enstrom, Buttery, Crunchy, Chocolatey Toffee. • A toast to mom: Hagafen Wine Club • Morning coffee or tea with a slice of My Grandma’s of New England's coffee cake • Pamper her with 100% natural body care products from Savannah Bee Company • Artisan Popcorn, handmade Chocolate Covered Pretzels or, our favorite, Bodacious Bites from Angelic Gourmet • Recipes at the touch of her iPhone or iPad Touch – Kosher Cookbook App • A helper in the kitchen with the Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor • Support Israel's largest charitable food rescue organization, Leket Israel, and toast mom - join the Leket Israel Wine Club.Add a comment
Flourless Almond Torte
KosherEye Friend Rachelle D. Ferneau, Pastry Chef/Owner, Eden Cake, is once again sharing her fabulous cake creations with KosherEye. Perfect for Passover, her Upside-Down Almond Torte recipe is totally flourless and divine!Add a comment
Passover Vegetable Matzo Lasagna
This fabulous recipe for Passover Vegetable Matzo Lasagna was requested by a KosherEye reader. She had seen it on Jewish Television Network's New Jewish Cuisine with Jeff Nathan & Friends. We contacted our KosherEye Friend, Alison Nathan and received the following response: "We're always happy to share!" Enjoy - this recipe is a winner!Add a comment