KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
Great coffee in a travel mug. Anywhere, anytime! Take it with you.
Great coffee on the go – it’s pretty much a birthright, isn’t it? BODUM® certainly thinks so. Make your coffee while getting dressed and ready for the day. Heat some water; put some coarsely ground coffee in the bottom of the Bodum mug and, in four minutes, it is ready to drink! Just press down the plunger and out the door you go. The double wall mug keeps your coffee hot. The Bodum Travel Mug is made from plastic, rubber, silicone and stainless steel. And how we love the fun bright colors. A winner.
We also used this mug to make cold pressed coffee on Friday, to be used on Shabbos. We removed the grinds on Friday, and combined the coffee essence with hot water from our hot water urn on Shabbos. The coffee was excellent.
- Colors: Purple, Black, Red, Brown, Lime, Off White
- Tall stainless steel travel mug with 16-ounce capacity
- Wide silicone band in assorted colors with raised lettering for a firm grip
- Double-wall stainless steel construction is vacuum sealed to better maintain heat
- Closable lid with a stopper
- Dishwasher safe
Price: from $29.95
To order the Bodum Travel Mug, click here.Add a comment
The Cuisinart 4−cup mini-prep is easy to store, use and clean. It is compact, and “at the ready” for so many kitchen jobs. It chops, grinds and purees in a snap; perfect for vegetables, fruits, tuna, eggs, making salad dressing, pureeing vegetables, preparing baby food, or chopping foods like celery, onions, garlic, and cheese. The grind function makes it easy to grind spices, chocolate and nuts. In the summer, we make our “presto” pesto in this easy to use, easy to clean, easy on the budget processor.
- Mini food processor with 4-cup capacity work bowl
- Touch-pad controls; auto-reversing blade for chopping or grinding
- Easy-grip handle; dishwasher-safe parts make cleanup a snap
- Custom spatula and instruction book with recipes included
- Measures 5-2/5 by 7-3/5 by 9-8/9 inches; 18-month limited warranty
Price: from $39.00
To order the Cuisinart Mini Prep, click here.Add a comment
Twist and Shout is what we did when we discovered this “wonder-mill”, which makes quick, uniform mincing of fresh herbs a breeze! Numerous ultra–sharp scissor teeth on the Microplane herb mill finely chop fresh herbs without tearing or blemishing leaves. Twist the soft–touch ergonomic handle to dispense, and keep hands free of aromatic herb moisture. The easy to use Herb Mill cuts fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, cilantro, sage, and mint, with hundreds of tiny scissors without bruising or blemishing. Dishwasher safe. Be sure and pat dry the herbs before filling the chamber. KosherEye recommends this mill – it makes the cut!
- Removable top to easily load fresh herbs.
- Ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand.
- Blades made in USA. Assembled in Mexico.
- Soft-touch ergonomic handle for quick, smooth dispensing
- Keep hands free of herb moisture
- Removable handle to fill from the top
- Large-capacity chamber to store patted-dry herbs
Price: from $19.49
To order the Micoplane Herb Mill, click here.Add a comment
The web design in the metal center of this strainer, gives this tool its name. The unique design allows the user to grab and drain foods quickly and efficiently. We became familiar with this handy dandy tool while watching cooking guru Martha Stewart utilize it in her TV kitchen.
We use ours to remove pasta from the cooking pot, vegetables from a pan, and of course matzoh balls and dumplings from soup. This type of strainer is a commonly used tool in Asian cooking, but we love its versatility for all cuisines. Although spiders are available in several strainer sizes, the one we use most often has a 5-inch strainer section attached to a long bamboo handle. It is dishwasher safe.
- Crafted from durable stainless-steel with efficient woven design
- Heat-resistant, natural bamboo handle keeps hands away from heat
- Design drains liquids quickly for better cooking results
- Safe in the dishwasher; 7-Inch version also available
Price: from $5.89
To order Spider Skimmer,click here.
This colorful wonder is perfect for slicing fresh tomatoes. All Pure Komachi 2 knives are color coded and the tomato knife is a bright red. We love it and use it all the time!
- The 4-inch tomato/cheese knife features a multi-point tip for easily picking up freshly sliced tomato and cheese
- High-carbon stainless-steel blade retains super-sharp edge over time
- Color is made by bonding food-safe FDA-approved resin to the stainless-steel blade
- Non-stick resin coating resists corrosion, makes cleaning simple, and helps blade glide through food with ease
- Handle is lightweight and ergonomically contoured for a comfortable, fatigue-reducing grip; dishwasher safe
Price: $8.95 - $11.50
To order the Pure Komachi 2 Tomato/Cheese Knife, click here.Add a comment