KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
The web design in the metal center of this strainer, gives this tool its name. The unique design allows the user to grab and drain foods quickly and efficiently. We became familiar with this handy dandy tool while watching cooking guru Martha Stewart utilize it in her TV kitchen.
We use ours to remove pasta from the cooking pot, vegetables from a pan, and of course matzoh balls and dumplings from soup. This type of strainer is a commonly used tool in Asian cooking, but we love its versatility for all cuisines. Although spiders are available in several strainer sizes, the one we use most often has a 5-inch strainer section attached to a long bamboo handle. It is dishwasher safe.
- Crafted from durable stainless-steel with efficient woven design
- Heat-resistant, natural bamboo handle keeps hands away from heat
- Design drains liquids quickly for better cooking results
- Safe in the dishwasher; 7-Inch version also available
Price: from $5.89
To order Spider Skimmer,click here.
Twist and Shout is what we did when we discovered this “wonder-mill”, which makes quick, uniform mincing of fresh herbs a breeze! Numerous ultra–sharp scissor teeth on the Microplane herb mill finely chop fresh herbs without tearing or blemishing leaves. Twist the soft–touch ergonomic handle to dispense, and keep hands free of aromatic herb moisture. The easy to use Herb Mill cuts fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, cilantro, sage, and mint, with hundreds of tiny scissors without bruising or blemishing. Dishwasher safe. Be sure and pat dry the herbs before filling the chamber. KosherEye recommends this mill – it makes the cut!
- Removable top to easily load fresh herbs.
- Ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand.
- Blades made in USA. Assembled in Mexico.
- Soft-touch ergonomic handle for quick, smooth dispensing
- Keep hands free of herb moisture
- Removable handle to fill from the top
- Large-capacity chamber to store patted-dry herbs
Price: from $19.49
To order the Micoplane Herb Mill, click here.Add a comment
The very first product produced by Chef'n was the Garlic Machine. Very innovative and a great tool for the kitchen. Just insert peeled garlic cloves into the clear cylinder and twist for fresh minced garlic. The best part is that you can store the unused garlic, in the Garlic Machine, in the refrigerator – have fresh garlic at the touch of a "twist".
- Screw-style press efficiently crushes cloves of garlic
- Durable plastic construction with clear viewing chamber
- Bottom removes for inserting peeled cloves
- Chamber can store unused garlic; blade slices off what's needed
- Dishwasher-safe in top rack; choice of color
Price: $10.95 – $12.99
View the video demo– this tool is so easy and functional to use.
Add a comment
This colorful wonder is perfect for slicing fresh tomatoes. All Pure Komachi 2 knives are color coded and the tomato knife is a bright red. We love it and use it all the time!
- The 4-inch tomato/cheese knife features a multi-point tip for easily picking up freshly sliced tomato and cheese
- High-carbon stainless-steel blade retains super-sharp edge over time
- Color is made by bonding food-safe FDA-approved resin to the stainless-steel blade
- Non-stick resin coating resists corrosion, makes cleaning simple, and helps blade glide through food with ease
- Handle is lightweight and ergonomically contoured for a comfortable, fatigue-reducing grip; dishwasher safe
Price: $8.95 - $11.50
To order the Pure Komachi 2 Tomato/Cheese Knife, click here.Add a comment
Exciting, Convenient, Disposable, Kosher
There are so many choices of bake ware. Just to name a few: aluminum, non-stick, silicone, stainless, glass, paper. Yes, paper! KosherEye is very excited about this unique disposable baking pan product.
Novacart, the world's largest producer of paper products for the baking and confectionery industry, was founded in 1926 and is headquartered in Garbagnate Monastero, Italy. Novacart USA, its American subsidiary, has been in operation since 1983, with its main office and warehouse located in Richmond, California and a new production facility in Moorestown, NJ.
Easily recognizable by their dark brown background with gold floret print overlay, these paper baking molds are often seen in bakeries and up-scale food stores. Made in Italy, they are constructed of heavyweight corrugated paper and eliminate the need to use metal baking pans. Just bake, serve (or gift), throw away; what could be easier or more convenient?
Novacart bakeables are the perfect baking accessory and are available in loaf, round, square, tube, brioche, and muffin/cupcake pan shapes in a variety of sizes. An added bonus is that the products are more attractive than the average disposable foil pans, and are freezable and microwaveable. The baking pans are intended for one time use only.
Baking a batch of brownies and wondering how to wrap them for gifts? Use the mini sized 4-inch pan, with a clear lid, to package those delectable brownies. Martha Stewart, the guru of creativity, is a fan of disposable paper bake ware and has featured several different Novacart paper baking pans on her TV show, The Martha Stewart Show. We enjoyed watching her make a traditional Italian holiday cake using the Panettone pan. She especially likes the disposable pans for gift giving.
KosherEye is also a huge fan of the paper bake ware product. We gifted yummy blueberry buttermilk breakfast loafs, baked in the small size loaf pans. It was incredibly easy and we followed the guidelines suggested by the manufacturer:
Do not grease the pans
Place pans on a baking sheet for stability and easier transportation to and from the oven
Oven temperature maximum is 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Novacart baking pans and accessories are KOF-K certified kosher. All pans made in Italy are kosher.
Contact Novacart USA for product and purchasing information. There is a $75.00 minimum order requirement if purchased directly from Novacart.
Add a comment