KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
Cook rice right in the microwave. . . now, how easy is that! The Lékué Rice Cooker allows you to prepare rice and grains easily and quickly right in the microwave. What a time saver!
Here's how...no need to boil water first. Just add the rice and liquid, and follow cooking directions. The cooker is designed so that water doesn't overflow and the microwave stays clean.
The cooker is designed to go from microwave to table and can be used as a server. It can be used for much more than rice. It can cook a wide variety of other grains such as couscous, oats, quinoa, buckwheat (kasha) and more.
- Allows you to cook rice and grains in the microwave
- Saves time... no need to boil water first
- Because of its design, water doesn't overflow...microwave stays clean
- From kitchen to table. With its simple, practical and highly attractive design
- Not only for rice. Can be used for a wide variety of grains
such as couscous, wheat, barley, oats, buckwheat and more
- Design based upon scientific research and testing
- Dishwasher safe: made of plastic and 100% platinum silicone
- Makes up to 6 servings of rice
We have always wanted a crepe pan to make our blintzes, and yes, crepes. These two food creations are close cousins- until it comes to the country of origin and the fillings. When we make crepes, we usually top them with a lovely orange preserve liqueur, or lingonberries and a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar. And then, there are the times we make blintzes – using our beloved heirloom recipes. We fill them with farmer's cheese or cream cheese and dollop sour cream on top; similar to the recipe for Ratner's Copycat Kosher Blintzes.
The two creations the crepe and the blintz have one thing in common. They are much easier to make in a real crepe pan instead of a frying pan. And, the pan of choice we have tested and found we like is the 9.5 inch Mauviel M Steel pan. It is easy to handle, generous in size (yes we like large crepes and blintzes) and is available in three sizes 8", 8.5" and 9.5". The surface of the pan allows for easy release of the blintz, and does not require a lot of oil or butter. We think the price for the 9.5" pan is very reasonable as well - $25. This is a KosherEye gift yourself, gift others kitchen tool selection. You may buy it here: Mauviel M'steel Crepe Pan, 9.5-Inch
- Black steel (carbon steel)
- Excellent heat conduction
- High density material, does not retain odors
- Withstands high temperatures. and use of metal utensils
- Black finish - part of final heat treatment in manufacturing process (changes color over time)
- After seasoning, it acquire natural non-stick properties
- Hand wash - with hot water immediately after use & then wipe immediately with paper towel, store in dry place
- Made in France
- Mauviel offers a lifetime warranty for manufacturer's defects
Add a comment
Capresso CoffeeTEAM PRO Plus
12 Cup Coffee Maker
Coffee, wine and chocolate…each has their place in our lives as a food group. Our morning coffee starts our day; and the quality, taste and temperature of our coffee starts our morning on the right track, or not. Some people have dubbed us “coffee snobs”. OY!
The Capresso CoffeeTEAM PRO Plus coffee maker has a burr grinder built right in. We now can purchase coffee beans, without the need to grind them, fill the bean container, set the timer and wake up to coffee made with freshly ground beans. This is the ultimate treat for coffee lovers like us. We have found that varying the beans truly allows us to savor and discern the taste of different coffees from different regions. Just as we appreciate many types of wine, cheese and chocolate, the burr grinder has added to our appreciation of regional and small batch coffees (much of which we purchased at Costco)
Three fineness settings let us adjust the grinder to our bean types (oily or not) and favorite coffee strength. We found that if you prefer very strong coffee, as we do especially in the morning, we filled the pot with only 8 cups of water (35 to 40 oz.), but set the burr grinder to grind enough coffee for 10 cups. Alternately, if a very mild coffee is preferred, just set the grinder one or two levels below the amount of coffee needed.
The two-step grind and clean process ensures no beans and minimal ground coffee are left in the grinder after use. The new “Oily” bean setting is a huge plus, increasing the versatility of the brewer. We are delighted with this updated coffee maker… particularly with the glass carafe, and the burr grinder mechanism, which is now able to handle oily beans. We pour coffee just the way we want it – fresh, aromatic, strong (or not)! As the saying goes…”Have it your way”, and we do. It makes us smile to wake up to the “burr” of our Capresso CoffeeTEAM PRO Plus coffee maker– especially when that cup is paired with a warm cinnamon bun or toasted bagel.
Capresso® CoffeeTEAM PRO Plus Coffee Maker
• Brews from coffee beans or from pre-ground coffee
• Adjustable grind strength to provide coarse, medium, or fine grinding
• Brews from 2 cups to 12 - Glass Carafe
• Removable bean container and water tank for easy filling
• Oily coffee bean function ensures prolonged grinding for oily roasts
• 12-cup capacity with a digital control panel and charcoal filter
• Preset function to keep coffee ready; Brew and pause function
• Auto shut off or cancel button
• Stainless steel, glass and plastic; Concealed cord storage
• Pitcher and carafe are dishwasher safe
• 1-year manufacturer's warranty
The Capresso® CoffeeTEAM PRO Plus is available for purchase here: Capresso CoffeeTEAM PRO Plus Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe and at the Capresso CoffeeTEAM PRO Plus website.Add a comment
Reusable Cooking Sheets
COOKINA is the reusable alternative to aluminum foil and parchment paper, and the company creates products that make cooking, baking and grilling a cleaner, healthier and tastier experience. COOKINA products include reusable grilling sheets, reusable Cooking Sheets, ideal for non-stick baking and cooking; and the COOKINA Gard Oven Protector, a product that makes keeping the oven clean effortless. All COOKINA products are non-stick, as well as reusable.
And, just introduced, is the COOKINA Signature Reusable Cooking Sheet a premium, versatile 3-in-1 product developed for grilling, baking and oven protection
Check out this tutorial video for demos on three COOKINA products.
• Easy to clean
• 100% reusable and reversible
• Allows for oil and fat free cooking
• Does not hold odor or flavor from previous uses
• Easily cut to size
Buy Cookina Here: Cookina
Add a comment
The Cuisinart® Power Advantage™ 5-Speed Hand Mixer, mixes even the heaviest and thickest ingredients. From thick cookie dough to whipped cream, to meringues, the powerful motor can perform just about any mixing task. And, that includes every mixing task we tried in our testing.... including our gooey, sticky peanut butter oatmeal cookies,(recipe below)* pie crust and pizza dough and our sour cream banana cake. Yes, we love our Cuisinart stand mixer- it is a workhorse (15 years old), yet sometimes we just need a quick, pull it out of the drawer substitute and this is it. Talk about a fashion forward kitchen accessory. We are tempted to leave it on the counter – just look at the 5 luscious colors! This hand mixer has an extra special feature for the kosher kitchen. Because of the color palette, it is convenient (and yes, tempting!) to buy 2 mixers in different colors, one for dairy and one for meat.
• Colorful hand mixer available in 5 colors- black, chocolate cherry, iced blue mint, pink champagne and sugared plum
• Powerful 220-Watt motor
• One touch easy to use slide speed control
• Dishwasher safe, extra long beaters
• 3 year limited warranty
Try this yummy cookie recipe - easy to mix with a Cuisinart:
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies - The World's Best
Add a comment