Cucina Pro Electric Griddle and Crepe Maker
Whether they’re called crepes, blini, pancakes or blintzes they are an international favorite. Blintzes and crepes are close cousins - until it comes to the country of origin the fillings, the toppings and how they are folded..They can be filled, topped, made sweet or savory - and are perfect for an entrée or dessert. When we make crepes, we usually top them with a lovely liqueur infused strawberry or orange preserve sauce and a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar. And then, there are the times we make blintzes – using our beloved heirloom recipes. We fill them with farmer’s cheese or cream cheese and top with a dollop of sour cream.
We love our crepe pan, but have just discovered and tested the electric Cucina Crepe Maker, model 1448. When we are in Israel, we are enamored with the professional electric crepe making machines we see, and now we have our own. What fun! So easy to use too!
Since Passover is approaching, we have chosen to keep our new crepe maker parve and Passover friendly, and are delighted with the results. We have prepared blintzes filled with mashed potatoes, our heirloom recipe for Passover noodles, and some extra crepes which we have frozen, likely to be topped with fruits, nuts sugar and whipped cream. (Recipes below)
Features of the CucinaPro Electric Griddle and Crepe Maker:
- 12" nonstick Electric Griddle and Crepe Maker
- Five different temperature settingsWe also plan to pop some Passover pancakes on it and try it as a griddle.
- Makes pancakes, crepes, blintzes and more
- Includes spreader and recipe guide
- On/off ready light lets you know when the plate is hot enough
- Rubber feet for extra stability
- Two prong polarized plug; Measures 14" L x 15.8" W x 4.2" H
- Wipe clean
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty
Cucina Pro is available at retailers such as Bed, Bath and Beyond, or Buy it here: Crepe Maker and Non-Stick 12" Griddle by CucinaPro (1448) - Includes Spreader and Recipe Guide