KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
Ready to start making crêpes? OK – so you can call them blintzes! The process is the same and, for both, the first step to success is the proper pan –– one that conducts the heat evenly and allows for easy release of these thin, tasty, delectable creatures. No one wants their crêpes/blintzes to stick to the pan. Founded in 1956 in Demark, Scanpan Cookware offers both professional and home cooks the most technologically sophisticated nonstick cookware on the market. They are the first producer of nonstick cookware certified PFOA free, so it's safe for your family and the environment. Their signature Classic line is manufactured in Denmark from pressure–cast aluminum that heats evenly and will never warp. The virtually indestructible ceramic titanium nonstick coating is safe for use with metal utensils. Yes, the crêpe pan is a bit pricey but the investment will give you years of usage and a pan that will make you a crêpe/blintz star.
- Heavy-duty pressure cast aluminum base for perfect heat distribution
- Patented ceramic-titanium nonstick surface for use with metal utensils
- Handles are free of rivets or screws, creating one smooth surface for easy cleaning
- Perfect food release, easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended.
- Suitable for all stove tops, excluding induction
- Oven safe to 500°
- Lifetime warranty
- Manufactured in Denmark
Available at most major cookware shops and Amazon.com.
Cooking with parchment is a time-honored tradition that is practiced by great chefs around the world. PaperChef is a Toronto based company, founded in 2010, that is committed to this tradition; included in their parchment baking line are the new Lotus and Tulip shaped Culinary Parchment Cups. The convenience of baking with parchment is obvious: it is convenient, non–stick, food–safe and disposable. We always line our muffin pans with parchment baking cups and love these beautiful, gracefully shaped cups – the petal shapes of both designs add an elegance to the finished product. The Tulip Cup design won a Gold Sofi for Non–Food specialty item at the summer Fancy Food Show. Use them for both sweet and savory items – your baked items will be "elegantly" dressed.
- 100% biodegradable; environmentally friendly
- Lotus Cup: deeper cup size ideal for larger muffins
- Tulip Cup: enhanced size provides a deeper baking cup; ideal for specialty cupcakes
- Culinary art design – "From oven to table" service
- Star K kosher certified
From PaperChef – Try the following recipe:
For the adventurous chef in you, think outside of the cup – because this baking essential is not just simply for baked goods. Try combining olive oil, chopped vegetables, herbs and an egg together in a parchment cup and bake in a cooking ring for about 10 minutes. Simply peeling away the paper will uncover a beautifully molded baked egg.
Boska Holland, the largest cheese instrument specialist in the world, has been making cheese tools for over 100 years. We discovered this fun Cheese Barbeclette at the Summer Fancy Food Show in Washington, DC. It is specially designed to melt single slices of cheese, specifically raclette on the barbecue. Simply put a slice of cheese on the Barbeclette, put the Barbeclette on the BBQ or under a grill until you have hot, bubbling cheese. Then scrape it off with the mini plastic spatula which is included. You can use all types of cheese which melt easily - add extra ingredients for an added zip - your imagination is the limit.
Watch the video from the Rachael Ray show; Food Network TV star Sunny Anderson demonstrates how to use this fabulous new gadget. We tried it her way, on the stove top, placed the Barbeclette on top of our grill pan - it was fabulous! A new way to make nachos - the kids will love it!
- Non-Stick Coating
- Comes with a Spatula
- Perfect for Cheese lovers and Vegetarians
- Perfect for Cheese on the Barbecue
- Fun with Cheese during the Summer
To view or purchase, click here.
Sometimes a culinary tool just doesn’t live up to the claims made about it. We’ve all watched those “as seen on TV” ads, and some of us have even succumbed and purchased the item. So when we tried the ChopStir, made by D&A Bryan, we did so with some trepidation. Its claim: The Only Kitchen Tool That Chops Ground Meat In a Fraction of the Time! Guess what dear readers, we don’t know if it is the ONLY tool of its kind, but it absolutely does what it says.
The ChopStir is a handheld, innovative cooking tool that substantially decreases the cooking time of separating and chopping up ground meats. It also pulverizes fruit; we tried it on both berries and bananas. Ingredients of all kinds are chopped and stirred instantly and easily. This tool truly stirs us to recommend it highly!
- Can be used with non-stick cookware
- Easy to clean, Dishwasher safe
- Available in white or black
- Made of heat resistant nylon, BPA free
- Made in the USA
The Clean BBQ Disposable Aluminum Grill Liners makes grilling so easy, and much less messy! These grills liners are made of disposable aluminum foil that fits snuggly over most grill grates. The liners are sturdy, so they do not tear when placing them on a grill, or when adding food. The design of the liners allows for the flame to sear through the cooked food, still giving that authentic grilled flavor, minus black residue. The smoky, BBQ taste of the grilled food still comes through. These liners are easy to use, and clean-up is a snap! When cooled, just roll up the used liner and dispose of it.
- 12 disposable grill sheets per pack, each measuring 12 x 20 inches
- Tear resistant – made of heavy duty aluminum - 3 mils thick, 100% recyclable
- Patented and manufactured in the USA
- For very large grills, more than one piece may be used. Or, liner may be cut for smaller grilling areas
- Snug fit keeps permanent grill grate clean
- Clean up is easy! Just roll up and throw used liner in trash
Price: $12.99 available at most Home Depot stores and other retailersAdd a comment