KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
A Cut Above
THERE IS always prep work in the kitchen, something to snip or cut. No, No, No, it is not a good thing to use your paper cutting or hair trimming scissors on chicken, meat, salad, or recipe ingredients. Investing in good kitchen shears is a must. In our opinion, kitchen shears make the cut!
Kuhn Rikon Swiss designed shears put stylish "fun" in functional. Cutting up beef, slicing through chicken bones, and opening those tough plastic food packages become easier tasks with razor sharp blades. These shears have ergonomic handles, and come in a variety of bright colors, a plus for the kosher home.
- Blades come apart for quick, easy cleaning
- Includes an herb stripper and flowerstem cutter
- Dishwasher safe
- Yellow, Blue, Green, Red, Black
- Size is 8½"L x 3¼" W.
Price: $15.95 per pair
To purchase or view, click here.
At the recent Atlanta AmericasMart Gift Show, a kitchenware showroom rep brought this item to our attention. She said it was selling like "hot cakes"! We have tried many gadgets that mince or press garlic and, naturally, we were eager to try this one. Winner of six industry awards, The Garlic Twist, by NexTrend Products, will make mincing garlic easier than ever. Based on a cross–cutting design, it is quick and easy to use and minces anything from garlic and ginger to nuts and olives into fine pieces, all without waste. Use the bottom of the container to smash the cloves to loosen the skin, then place the peeled cloves into the container. The Garlic Twist fits into the palm of your hand and, using a back and forth twisting motion, just twist it and mince the garlic to the desired texture. A very handy kitchen tool – and multipurpose too!
- Available in clear, green and purple
- Made of durable polycarbonate
- Easy and fun to use
- Controls mincing for coarse to fine textures
- Multipurpose– try ginger, olive, chili pepper, onion, herbs, nuts and more!
- Smple to clean – just rinse; and dishwasher safe
- Made in USA
- Lifetime warranty for durability
Watch the Garlic Twist video demonstration:
Price: from $14.99
Available on Amazon.com
Lékué (pronounced lay-kway) products are sold in over 40 countries on 5 continents, adapting to many culinary cultures. They are popular with both professional chefs and devoted home foodies due to their ease of use and healthful cooking potential. The steam case, one of the many Lékué innovative, functional products, allows nutritious cooking. It is easy to use, and frees a cook to prepare recipes without added oils. The steam case is made of a “platinum silicone”; it is more elastic, smoother and stronger than typical silicone, plus it’s safe for microwaves, conventional ovens, dishwashers and freezers. Function and versatility are core tenets of Lékué's products. The steam case with removable tray allows healthy steam cooking to maintain nutrients.
Cooking can be done with or without the tray depending on the desired results. Lékué offers a 10-year warranty for manufacturer's defects.
Watch this video demo – and see how easy iit is to use.
- Allows for steamed, oven or microwave preparations
- Foods are cooked in their own juices or steamed – enhancing original flavors
- Use with tray for steaming; without tray for "stew-like" cooking
- Dishwasher safe
- Available in 2 sizes – 1 quart (large) and 22 ounces (small)
- Available in mutiple colors – red, green and with clear tops
Ready to start making crêpes? OK – so you can call them blintzes! The process is the same and, for both, the first step to success is the proper pan –– one that conducts the heat evenly and allows for easy release of these thin, tasty, delectable creatures. No one wants their crêpes/blintzes to stick to the pan. Founded in 1956 in Demark, Scanpan Cookware offers both professional and home cooks the most technologically sophisticated nonstick cookware on the market. They are the first producer of nonstick cookware certified PFOA free, so it's safe for your family and the environment. Their signature Classic line is manufactured in Denmark from pressure–cast aluminum that heats evenly and will never warp. The virtually indestructible ceramic titanium nonstick coating is safe for use with metal utensils. Yes, the crêpe pan is a bit pricey but the investment will give you years of usage and a pan that will make you a crêpe/blintz star.
- Heavy-duty pressure cast aluminum base for perfect heat distribution
- Patented ceramic-titanium nonstick surface for use with metal utensils
- Handles are free of rivets or screws, creating one smooth surface for easy cleaning
- Perfect food release, easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended.
- Suitable for all stove tops, excluding induction
- Oven safe to 500°
- Lifetime warranty
- Manufactured in Denmark
Available at most major cookware shops and Amazon.com.
Cooking with parchment is a time-honored tradition that is practiced by great chefs around the world. PaperChef is a Toronto based company, founded in 2010, that is committed to this tradition; included in their parchment baking line are the new Lotus and Tulip shaped Culinary Parchment Cups. The convenience of baking with parchment is obvious: it is convenient, non–stick, food–safe and disposable. We always line our muffin pans with parchment baking cups and love these beautiful, gracefully shaped cups – the petal shapes of both designs add an elegance to the finished product. The Tulip Cup design won a Gold Sofi for Non–Food specialty item at the summer Fancy Food Show. Use them for both sweet and savory items – your baked items will be "elegantly" dressed.
- 100% biodegradable; environmentally friendly
- Lotus Cup: deeper cup size ideal for larger muffins
- Tulip Cup: enhanced size provides a deeper baking cup; ideal for specialty cupcakes
- Culinary art design – "From oven to table" service
- Star K kosher certified
From PaperChef – Try the following recipe:
For the adventurous chef in you, think outside of the cup – because this baking essential is not just simply for baked goods. Try combining olive oil, chopped vegetables, herbs and an egg together in a parchment cup and bake in a cooking ring for about 10 minutes. Simply peeling away the paper will uncover a beautifully molded baked egg.