KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
The colorful display of these playful Blossom Trivets, by Spice Ratchet, caught our eye at the summer Atlanta AmericasMart Gift Show. They definitely made our list of interesting and useful kitchen accessories. The shape-shifting and flexibility of the Blossom trivet enable them to be multi-purpose: use as a trivet, hot pad, table decoration; combine them together to expand the size of the trivet...the many uses are up to you and your imagination. What a fun, and useful, way to add color and conversation to the dinner table. Perfect as a hostess, shower, "I like you", gift item. While you are at it, do gift yourself also!
- Multi-use flower-shaped trivet, hot pad and table decoration
- Made of silicone
- Heat-resistant up to 482 degrees F
- Shorten it or expand it depending on the size of the pot
- Can be used in the kitchen, living room, bathroom and more
- Put more than one blossom together to expand the size of your trivet
- Simple to store and easy to clean; clean with soap and warm water
- Available in multiple colors: Black, Red, Kiwi Green, Purple, and Orange
Watch the video to see the many fun ways to use the Blossom Trivet.
To view or purchase, click here.
Fabric Accessories for the Kitchen
Davida Aprons has recently celebrated their 32th anniversary. One of their first designs, the Tuxedo Apron, made them famous. Over the years, Davida’s has earned a reputation as a trend setter for themed aprons and designed textiles.
The company, which also has a logo division, can make anything and everything out of fabric and manufactures all of their textiles in the U.S.A.
With Rosh Hashanah and the Jewish holiday season approaching, KosherEye simply could not resist Davida’s stylish fabric kitchen accessories, particularly the fresh and colorful "Apples" Collection.
Items from the collection:
- Apple Basket
- Apple Apron
- Apple Mitt
- Apple Potholder
- Apple Kipot
- Apple Napkin
Price: $4.99 - $17.99, depending on item selected
Visit Davida Aprons to see the entire "Apples" Collection and consider adding an apple to your holiday meals.
We loved this collection so much, that we asked Davida to sponsor a giveaway. To enter to win an assortment of Davida Apple Collection items, click here. Giveaway ends, midnight September 5th, 2012.Add a comment
A Cut Above
THERE IS always prep work in the kitchen, something to snip or cut. No, No, No, it is not a good thing to use your paper cutting or hair trimming scissors on chicken, meat, salad, or recipe ingredients. Investing in good kitchen shears is a must. In our opinion, kitchen shears make the cut!
Kuhn Rikon Swiss designed shears put stylish "fun" in functional. Cutting up beef, slicing through chicken bones, and opening those tough plastic food packages become easier tasks with razor sharp blades. These shears have ergonomic handles, and come in a variety of bright colors, a plus for the kosher home.
- Blades come apart for quick, easy cleaning
- Includes an herb stripper and flowerstem cutter
- Dishwasher safe
- Yellow, Blue, Green, Red, Black
- Size is 8½"L x 3¼" W.
Price: $15.95 per pair
To purchase or view, click here.
At the recent Atlanta AmericasMart Gift Show, a kitchenware showroom rep brought this item to our attention. She said it was selling like "hot cakes"! We have tried many gadgets that mince or press garlic and, naturally, we were eager to try this one. Winner of six industry awards, The Garlic Twist, by NexTrend Products, will make mincing garlic easier than ever. Based on a cross–cutting design, it is quick and easy to use and minces anything from garlic and ginger to nuts and olives into fine pieces, all without waste. Use the bottom of the container to smash the cloves to loosen the skin, then place the peeled cloves into the container. The Garlic Twist fits into the palm of your hand and, using a back and forth twisting motion, just twist it and mince the garlic to the desired texture. A very handy kitchen tool – and multipurpose too!
- Available in clear, green and purple
- Made of durable polycarbonate
- Easy and fun to use
- Controls mincing for coarse to fine textures
- Multipurpose– try ginger, olive, chili pepper, onion, herbs, nuts and more!
- Smple to clean – just rinse; and dishwasher safe
- Made in USA
- Lifetime warranty for durability
Watch the Garlic Twist video demonstration:
Price: from $14.99
Available on Amazon.com
Lékué (pronounced lay-kway) products are sold in over 40 countries on 5 continents, adapting to many culinary cultures. They are popular with both professional chefs and devoted home foodies due to their ease of use and healthful cooking potential. The steam case, one of the many Lékué innovative, functional products, allows nutritious cooking. It is easy to use, and frees a cook to prepare recipes without added oils. The steam case is made of a “platinum silicone”; it is more elastic, smoother and stronger than typical silicone, plus it’s safe for microwaves, conventional ovens, dishwashers and freezers. Function and versatility are core tenets of Lékué's products. The steam case with removable tray allows healthy steam cooking to maintain nutrients.
Cooking can be done with or without the tray depending on the desired results. Lékué offers a 10-year warranty for manufacturer's defects.
Watch this video demo – and see how easy iit is to use.
- Allows for steamed, oven or microwave preparations
- Foods are cooked in their own juices or steamed – enhancing original flavors
- Use with tray for steaming; without tray for "stew-like" cooking
- Dishwasher safe
- Available in 2 sizes – 1 quart (large) and 22 ounces (small)
- Available in mutiple colors – red, green and with clear tops