Even if you don't have a smoker box, you can get smokin'!
Smokinlicious adheres to the philosophy of "all natural" by providing gourmet wood products that have never been exposed to chemical spraying. They only harvest woods from the trees of Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania that are in their natural state - forest woods, left to mature on their own, without exposure to chemical contaminants and/or growth enhancers. They use only the "heartwood" - the filet of the tree - to manufacture our smoking woods. And, their "gourmet" woods are always bark free! --free of contaminants such as mold, spores, and insect infestations.
Smoking works by using low heat to make smoke as wood smolders, imparting a smoky flavor. When using a grill, the heat and smoke from the wood slowly penetrates and flavors the cooking food item. The result - authentic wood-fired food.
- Ash/Alder, mellow, sweet - use for poultry and fish
- Hickory- classic smoked flavor - use for beef
- Red/White Oak strong nut flavor - use for beef, lamb poultry
- Sugar Maple – Smooth, sweet – all foods (We especially like this for smoking fresh salmon)
- Wild Cherry – fruity, sweet use for beef, poultry
No chemicals, No resin, no processed wood elements
These chips may be used on wood burning, charcoal or gas grills.
BVK kosher Vaad HaKashrus of Buffalo