KosherEye Featured Product
KosherEye Featured Product
Grits are truly an American food, and a comfort food staple. Though traditionally southern grits have gone mainstream and are now on the menu of many upscale restaurants, nationwide. Classically served as part of the southern country breakfast, grits are quickly becoming a part of any meal. Many now serve grits as a side for fish, topped with cheese, or alongside chicken.
Can't find traditional grits? Look no further, San Gennaro Southern Style Grits come in a log, We’ve all seen ready to heat logs of polenta, logs of quinoa, the log is already pre–cooked and ready to heat and serve.
KosherEye certainly knows their grits. So what do we think? This log of Southern style grits is good, not quite like traditional homemade, long cooking grits, but convenient and ready to pop in the microwave. fun on vacation, for kids away at college or for a quick side of grits at home. Try it but do add some cheddar and butter!
- Gluten free, fat free, cholesterol free,
- Kof K Kosher parve
- Shelf stable for 9 months
Approximate cost: $4.80 per log
Use the San Gennaro store locator to ffine a store near you.
Kiwa Vegetable Chips are 100% natural with no artificial flavors or preservatives added. These crispy chips are made from a unique variety of vegetables grown in tropical areas of Ecuador. The assorted original mix contains chips made from Cassava, Arracacha, Green Bananas, Beetroot, and Sweet Potato. The word KIWA is derived from the word qiwa, which means “green” in Quechua. Kiwa Chips are produced in Ecuador. Bet you can’t eat just one…these chips were absolutely delicious. A healthful nosh…well almost.
- 100% Natural, Kettle Cooked
- Environmentally friendly production facilities
- Most products are HACCP certified, allowing for traceability and quality
- OU Kosher, Parve
The vegetables used for Kiwa Chips:
Beetroot: The crimson Kiwa chip with rings comes from a plant that is rich in iron, potassium, and vitamins C and B.
Cassava (Also known as Yucca): The lightest colored Kiwa Chip- comes from a starchy tuber that is a major source of carbohydrates, calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin C.
Arracacha (Also known as white carrot or parsnip): Light brown in color, but darker than the cassava chip. Arracacha is a root vegetable, a member of the carrot family, and a great source of calcium.
Sweet Plantains (Also known as verde maduro): A brownish chip with a sweet flavor that is produced after the green banana becomes ripe. It is high in potassium and vitamins.
Andean Sweet Potato: A vivid purple chip from a sweet tasting tuber rich in complex carbohydrates, fiber, beta-carotene and vitamins C and B6.
Available at Marshall’s and TJ Maxx and online at Amazon.com.Add a comment
Well known throughout Europe, Emmi Roth is a Swiss dairy products company famous for Swiss style yogurts, artisan cheeses and fondues. The company headquarters is nestled between the Alps in the heart of Switzerland. Emmi now has a kosher presence in the U.S., recently introducing its Swiss Yogurt to U.S. yogurt fans. Although formulated according to the Swiss recipe, the U.S. yogurts are manufactured in Monroe, Wisconsin.
KosherEye enjoyed tasting two flavors, Green Apple and Strawberry. Both are made from pureed fresh fruit with a yogurt base. We liked the yogurt’s silky texture, and the slightly sweet, but subtle fruit flavor. Emmi’s yogurt is a healthful, delicious product, well worth a try!
- Pectin and gelatin free
- Light, smooth texture, pourable over fruit, granola or cake
- Fruit flavorings are subtle, and the yogurt texture is creamy
- Low in sugar, low in fat and gluten–free
- Ingredients include live and active bacteria cultures
- Made from BST–free milk
- 6 ounce containers
- All U.S. flavors are certified OU-D (Do check the label)
Emmi yogurt flavors include: Apricot, Raspberry, Blueberry, Black Cherry, Pink Grapefruit, Vanilla Bean, Plain Coffee, Berry pomegranate, and Plain.
Approximate cost $1.90Add a comment
We discovered this elegant cookie at the Summer Fancy Food Show. Walkers Duchy Originals is a recent addition to the Walkers family of shortbread and biscuits. The Duchy Originals brand was founded in the UK in 1992 by HRH Prince Charles The Prince of Wales.
The Prince set out to create a brand of the highest quality, using the best natural ingredients, produced sustainably and in harmony with the environment, while supporting worthwhile worldwide causes through The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Foundation. Duchy Originals is produced in partnership with Waitrose, UK grocery chain.
Every product follows the Duchy Originals from Waitrose Good Food Charter: “Is Good”, ”Does Good” and ”Tastes Good“ Each product is produced using sustainable farming methods, supports charitable causes and uses the fines, quality ingredients.
Walkers is truly Scottish baking royalty, and has been baking shortbread in the Scottish Highlands since 1898. They still use only the finest pure ingredients with no artificial colors, flavorings or preservatives. The products are certified Kosher OU-D.
In our opinion, there is simply no better accompaniment to a cup of coffee or a hot cup of tea than a cookie from the Walkers family.
From Duchy Originals, we sampled:
Highland all Butter Shortbread: Delicate, thin, rich and buttery. A delightful addition to morning coffee, or as our friends “across the pond” enjoy this as an accompaniment with afternoon tea, and strawberries and cream.
Lemon All Butter Shortbread: Aromatic Sicilian lemons give a slight tart, zesty, refreshing taste, which complements the buttery, crunchy texture.
Stem Ginger Shortbread: A buttery cookie, with a lovely, background hint of ginger.
Original Oaten Biscuits: This biscuit is very different. The taste is balanced for both sweet and savory foods; complements cheese such as cheddar, Brie or blue cheese and delicious with a topping of honey or preserves.
Price: Approximately $5.99 for 5.3-ounce bag
Duchy Originals will be available at supermarkets and food stores across the U.S.or can be ordered online at walkersus.com.
Welcome to The Republic of Tea, founded the 16th day of March, Nineteen-hundred and ninety-four − whose Charter declares its "purpose is to enrich people’s lives through the experience of fine tea and the Sip by Sip rather than Gulp by Gulp lifestyle – a life of health, balance and well-being." And whose Minister of Tea declares "At The Republic of Tea, you’ll find many ways to get to know tea anew, through a selection that will educate, inspire and communicate the quality, benefits, and lifestyle that is The Republic of Tea."
The Republic of Tea has a line of premium quality tea, with choices that are bound to suite everyone's tastes: Black, Oolong, Green, White, Herbal, Rooibos, Hibiscus, Decaf and Organic. We sampled several of the teas and they were wonderful: Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea (bags), Darjeeling (bags), Natural Hibiscus (loose tea), and British Breakfast (loose tea). Once you taste these teas, and you will taste the difference, you will be hooked. Calling all tea lovers – relax, sit back,sip, and become a "Citizen" (customer) of The Republic of Tea – it is a treat. Not all of the tea products are certified kosher, so look at the packaging; but there are enough choices that you will not feel deprived.
- Available in either full–leaf or in round, unbleached tea bags
- Full brewing instructions on each container
- Most of the teas are Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO)
- 91 of the tea products are OU certified kosher
- A socially and environmentally responsible company – supports worthy organizations, including Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Sunny Hills Services and Room to Read.
Some tea descriptions:
- Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea: A Tea for Macaroon Lovers. The alluring aroma of lightly toasted almonds greets the fortunate sipper. Healthy rooibos provides a smooth, caffeine-free base while coconut adds a touch of sweetness. Make every day a cause for celebration with this calorie–free tea.
- Republic Darjeeling: The Champagne of Teas – This Darjeeling tea blend has the smooth character of second flush leaves with the deep qualities of third flush leaves, resulting in a full, round cup.
- Natural Hibiscus: Flower of Life Herb Tea Ruby red Nigerian hibiscus blossoms shine in this juicy herbal blend. Hibiscus delivers hints of berry and bright citrus flavors. This bold, tropical infusion is pure refreshment either served hot or over ice.
- British Breakfast: The Perfect Cuppa - A robust blend of quality black leaves, hearty enough to make any Brit smile. A savory mixture of India, Ceylon and Kenya leaves is great with a splash of milk
We encourage you to visit this unique website and read more About this company, including How to Brew Tea, The Health Benefits of Tea, and The Citizen's Tea Library. This is a definite Gift Yourself, Gift Others selection.
Please Note: According to most rabbinical sources, plain, unflavored tea is considered inherently kosher, but flavored tea requires certification. For details, read this article by Rabbi Boruch Beyer of the Star-K.
Prices vary according to the tea.
Available at gourmet retailers throughout the U.S. and online at TeaRepublic.com.
Watch this video on British Black Tea – the perfect cuppa!
Add a comment