How to Use Red Star PLATINUM Yeast
Red Star® PLATINUM Superior Baking Yeast is so simple to use and can be used in any recipe calling for yeast. It is a premium instant yeast blended with dough improvers* commonly used by professional bakers that will make your dough so forgiving that you will never be intimidated by yeast again!
For Traditional Recipes
• BLEND PLATINUM Yeast with dry ingredients and half of the flour in the recipe.
• ADD very warm liquids (120- 130°F). Avoid liquids that are too hot to touch.
• BLEND with enough remaining flour to make a firm dough.
• KNEAD on floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic.
• COVER, let REST a minimum of 10 minutes (or RISE to double, if desired)
• SHAPE dough as desired. COVER and let RISE until doubled in size.
• BAKE as directed according to recipe.
For Bread Machines
• Use liquids at 80°F; Add liquids, flour, dry ingredients. Add PLATINUM yeast last.
• Red Star® PLATINUM Superior Baking Yeast is a fast-rising, instant yeast; use ½ teaspoon per cup of flour in regular cycles.
• For express cycles, follow manufacturer’s manual for liquid temperatures and yeast levels.
Like any baker's yeast, Red Star® PLATINUM Superior Baking Yeast is a living organism and must be handled properly to ensure optimum performance. Never expose yeast to high temperatures during storage or use. Never use liquids that are too hot to touch.
Red Star® PLATINUM performs best in recipes that contain sugar and is certified Kosher parve under the rabbinical supervision of KOF-K.
NEVER AGAIN BE FEARFUL OF BAKING WITH YEAST!
*Red Star® PLATINUM is NOT gluten free because the dough improvers are derived from wheat flour. NOTE: For gluten free bakers, you can continue to use Red Star® Active Dry Yeast or Red Star® Quick Rise Yeast.
from Red Star PLATINUM Yeast