The Kosher Home Kitchen
Appliances, Design and Décor
Share your kosher kitchen design advice….We have received many notes from our readers, searching for advice in designing, refreshing and updating the kosher kitchen for their homes. The kitchen is the heart and soul of the Jewish home. It is where food memories are made; recipe creations are treasured, and culinary heirlooms are born and shared. From time to time we will be sharing information about new appliances, kitchen design, kitchen layouts and more, all focused on the kosher and Sabbath observant lifestyle.
To launch our new series, we are researching the following questions with kitchen experts including, retailers, designers and appliance manufacturers, and of course, with our readers, Facebook followers, Twitterpals and new friends on Pinterest.
We invite you to send pictures, blueprints and suggestions for creating spectacular kosher kitchens, large or small, budget or luxury. We can’t wait to hear from you! ContactUs@KosherEye.com.
- What do you love about your Kosher Kitchen design?
- What would you do differently in your Kosher Kitchen design?
- Do you prefer meat and milk dishes in cabinets on opposite sides of the same wall or in cabinets on opposite walls?
- How do you manage your baking space and your other food preparation space?
- Other than going out of town, what are your favorite Passover kitchen design idea?
- Have you integrated a blech (hotplate) into your kitchen or do you use a warming drawer?
- Which Sabbath/YomTov friendly appliance brands are best? What’s new?
- What one mistake can be avoided in a kosher kitchen?
- Which are the best countertop materials to consider, and can they be easily “kashered” for Passover?