Grow Your Own Mushroom Garden
The Back To The Roots grow–at–home mushroom garden was a gold Sofi winner in the Food Gift category at last week’s Summer Fancy Food Show. We are intrigued and can’t wait to try this innovative garden.
The kit lets you grow up to 1 1/2 lbs of gourmet, tasty oyster mushrooms per box, and harvest your first crop in as little as 10 days! It was inspired by the idea of producing local, fresh food from what was an urban waste stream, The Grow-Your-Own Mushroom Garden lets anyone grow their own gourmet mushrooms at home. The company was founded in 2009 by Alejandro Velez & Nikhil Arora during their last semester at UC Berkeley. With the support of Whole Foods & Chez Panisse, and a $5,000 grant from the UC Berkeley Chancellor for social innovation, the venture was born.
- Grow up to 1 1/2 lbs. of tasty pearl oyster mushroom per box
- Multiple crops (at least 2, though some have grown up to 4!)
- Grow your first crop in as little as 10 days!
- Just 3 Easy Steps - Open, Mist, and Harvest (spray mister included).
- All indoors - just set on a kitchen window sill and mist twice a day (mister included)
- The soil inside is 100% recycled coffee grounds - safe & sustainable
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
To view or to purchase, click here.