Welcome to The Republic of Tea, founded the 16th day of March, Nineteen-hundred and ninety-four − whose Charter declares its "purpose is to enrich people’s lives through the experience of fine tea and the Sip by Sip rather than Gulp by Gulp lifestyle – a life of health, balance and well-being." And whose Minister of Tea declares "At The Republic of Tea, you’ll find many ways to get to know tea anew, through a selection that will educate, inspire and communicate the quality, benefits, and lifestyle that is The Republic of Tea."
The Republic of Tea has a line of premium quality tea, with choices that are bound to suite everyone's tastes: Black, Oolong, Green, White, Herbal, Rooibos, Hibiscus, Decaf and Organic. We sampled several of the teas and they were wonderful: Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea (bags), Darjeeling (bags), Natural Hibiscus (loose tea), and British Breakfast (loose tea). Once you taste these teas, and you will taste the difference, you will be hooked. Calling all tea lovers – relax, sit back,sip, and become a "Citizen" (customer) of The Republic of Tea – it is a treat. Not all of the tea products are certified kosher, so look at the packaging; but there are enough choices that you will not feel deprived.
- Available in either full–leaf or in round, unbleached tea bags
- Full brewing instructions on each container
- Most of the teas are Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO)
- 91 of the tea products are OU certified kosher
- A socially and environmentally responsible company – supports worthy organizations, including Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Sunny Hills Services and Room to Read.
Some tea descriptions:
- Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea: A Tea for Macaroon Lovers. The alluring aroma of lightly toasted almonds greets the fortunate sipper. Healthy rooibos provides a smooth, caffeine-free base while coconut adds a touch of sweetness. Make every day a cause for celebration with this calorie–free tea.
- Republic Darjeeling: The Champagne of Teas – This Darjeeling tea blend has the smooth character of second flush leaves with the deep qualities of third flush leaves, resulting in a full, round cup.
- Natural Hibiscus: Flower of Life Herb Tea Ruby red Nigerian hibiscus blossoms shine in this juicy herbal blend. Hibiscus delivers hints of berry and bright citrus flavors. This bold, tropical infusion is pure refreshment either served hot or over ice.
- British Breakfast: The Perfect Cuppa - A robust blend of quality black leaves, hearty enough to make any Brit smile. A savory mixture of India, Ceylon and Kenya leaves is great with a splash of milk
We encourage you to visit this unique website and read more About this company, including How to Brew Tea, The Health Benefits of Tea, and The Citizen's Tea Library. This is a definite Gift Yourself, Gift Others selection.
Please Note: According to most rabbinical sources, plain, unflavored tea is considered inherently kosher, but flavored tea requires certification. For details, read this article by Rabbi Boruch Beyer of the Star-K.
Prices vary according to the tea.
Available at gourmet retailers throughout the U.S. and online at TeaRepublic.com.
Watch this video on British Black Tea – the perfect cuppa!