Each batch of Harvest Song Award-Winning Preserves begins with the fertile ground of the biblical Ararat Valley, famed as the landing site of Noah's Ark. The company prides itself as one of the few preserve makers that uses only fresh, hand-harvested fruits grown in volcanic soil, slowly simmered in small batches and allowed to thicken without use of any pectin (jellying component).
In the Fresh Walnut Artisanal Preserves, whole walnuts float in sweet sugar syrup. The fresh baby walnuts are picked green from the tree before they have a chance to age. They are preserved, cured, and to be enjoyed and eaten complete with their tender shells.
• Use to complement cheeses, cakes, pies and frozen desserts
• Eat the sweet walnuts as a snack
• Add a candied walnut to a cocktail
• Kosher Certified by the OU
• Approximately $10 for 18.9 ounce jar
Buy this product at specialty grocers including many Whole Foods Markets and online at harvestsongventures.com.