Speed Cleaning Tips
Tips from the Libman Company
• To keep your mop clean and fresh smelling, soak the mop head in one gallon of hot water and one cup of hydrogen peroxide for 10 minutes. Then simply ring out the mop and allow to air-dry.
• Hide scratches in wood floors with tea. Brew 1 bag of tea for every quart of water. Dip a wet cotton mop into the cooled tea. Wring out well and mop floor. Tea also makes a great cleaner for wood paneling. Dry with an old towel.
• To get rid of permanent markers on your floor, use toothpaste and a soft cloth!
• To give your floors a quick shine, add baking soda to your mop water & mop
• Get to the dirt in your carpet! Sweep your carpet thoroughly before vacuuming. The broom fibers will dig down into the carpet, moving dirt to the service.
• When an enamel pan is badly burnt, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 TBSP. salt. Let stand for an hour, then gently rub the pan with a scrubber.
• Clean & deodorize the inside of your refrigerator with a solution of 3 tablespoons baking soda to one quart warm water. Wipe dry with a soft cloth.
• To remove crayon marks from walls, cover the crayon mark with toothpaste, let sit for 30 minutes, then wipe clean with a cloth.
• Quickly clean your food processor or blender by filling it 1/2 full with water and adding a couple drops of liquid dishwashing detergent. Cover and run for a few seconds. Brush with a kitchen brush, rinse, and let dry.
• To remove excess grout from tiles, apply a paste of baking soda and water with a scrub brush. Wait 1 hour, then rinse.
• Removing hard water spots from clear shower doors: Spray glass cleaner on the doors, gently scrub with the scrubbing bristles. Wipe clean with rag
• To remove rust stains on whites, dampen stain with lemon juice and rub salt into the spot with a scrub brush. Set in the sun to dry, then wash as usual.
• Clean car tires! A brass brush cleans car tires just as well as pots! The contour of the handle will save your knuckles and cleans quicker than a sponge.
• For decks, fill your bucket with warm water and lemon soap or lemon juice, and wash with a mop. The scent will help to keep the mosquitoes away also!
• To remove yellow water marks, use a paste of cream of tartar and peroxide. Scrub with a scrub brush.
50 tips to clean almost everything in your house from Good Housekeeping
Professional House Cleaning Checklist from Molly Maids.
Martha Stewart's Spring House Cleaning Checklist
9 Homemade Cleaning Solutions
For specific Passover cleaning advice, we suggest the OU Passover Cleaning Guide